Big Kahuna’s WaterparkWater Park
Destin, Florida (white beaches on Gulf of Mexico!)
5.25 - 7.01 to 8.26 - 9.25
FREE Waterpark tickets for participants' family and friends
OFFERED: $110/week, $350 deposit
Big Kahuna’s is great water park destination for families, over 40 different water play areas, rides, slides, and pools. Guests can have great fun at the giant wave pool or relax in the easy-goin’ Lazy River or scream along the Maui Pipeline. Fly the Skycoaster and play miniature golf!
Florida’s Panhandle beaches are some of the finest in the state, and the best destination in this region is Destin – the beach town. Once considered a sleepy fishing village, Destin’s white sands and beautiful blue waters, world-class golfing and entertainment- have not gone unnoticed, and today, much of the town is a well-developed tourist area complete with large resorts, a bustling marina and active charter fishing fleet.
More information on Destin is available here.
At Big Kahuna’s Waterpark you can expect to get one of the following positions:
- Lifeguard – $8.50/h
- Admissions/Parking/Retail Cashier/Greeter – $8.50/h
- Food and Beverage Cashier – $8.50/h
- Food and Beverage Cook – $9.50/h
- Park Services – $9.00/h
- FEC Thrill Department Ride Attendant = $8.50/h
- Bathroom Attendant – $10.00/h
- Cash Room Teller – $9.50/h
END OF SEASON bonus of $0.25 for EVERY hour worked may apply at the discretion of the employer!
Employer provides housing (shared apartments or townhouses). Participants will share in 1-3 bedroom units, with up to 4 people per bedroom, each with their own bed. Units will have one bathroom per bedroom. Housing has living area, kitchen facilities, and access to laundry.
Rental cost is $110 per week per person, not including utilities. Rent payments will be deducted bi-weekly from participants’ payroll. Participants in each unit will split the cost of any monthly electricity charges that are over $100. Internet access is not guaranteed at each housing option.
The perks of working at Big Kahuna’s Waterpark:
- FREE Waterpark tickets for participants’ family and friends (based on total hours worked)
- FREE Admission to the Waterpark on days off
- Employee recognition and gifts!
- Cultural Days: the employer takes participants to local landmarks or other fun venues.
- International Night: participants will have the opportunity to represent their country by preparing their traditional food, showing pictures, talent show/presentation, and other activities to celebrate their culture on this day.
- End of the Season Luau: a very exciting night with FREE food, music, dancing, award ceremony and other fun activities to thank Big Kahuna’s team members for all their hard work.
- Participants who meet certain criteria at the end of the season would have an opportunity to participate in the Self-Arranged re-hiring program