Big Kahuna’s WaterparkWater Park
Destin, Florida (3-4h to New Orleans, Tallahassee, 1h to Pensacloa !)
5.25 - 7.01 to 8.25 - 9.25 (last 4 weeks only weekends)
FREE Waterpark tickets for participants' family and friends (based on hours worked)
OFFERED: $120/week, $350 deposit
Big Kahuna’s is great water park destination for families, over 40 different water play areas, rides, slides, and pools. Guests can have great fun at the giant wave pool or relax in the easy-goin’ Lazy River or scream along the Maui Pipeline. Fly the Skycoaster and play miniature golf!
Florida’s Panhandle beaches (on the Gulf of Mexico!) are some of the finest in the state, and the best destination in this region is Destin – the beach town. Destin was once considered a sleepy fishing village, but the white sands, beautiful blue waters, world-class golfing and entertainment- have not gone unnoticed, and today, it is a well-developed tourist area complete with large resorts and a fantastic marina.
More information on Destin is available here.
Destin is only 1h away from Pensacola, 3h from Tallhassee, 4h from New Orleans and about 6h from Tampa and Orlando. Great location for day car trips with friends!
At Big Kahuna’s Waterpark you can expect to get one of the following positions:
- Lifeguard – $8.75/h (increase from 2019!)
- Guest Services: Admissions/Parking/Retail Cashier/Greeter – $8.75/h (increase from 2019!)
- Food and Beverage Cashier – $8.75/h (increase from 2019!)
- Food and Beverage Cook – $9.50/h
- Park Services – $9.50/h (increase from 2019!)
- FEC Thrill Department Ride Attendant = $9.00/h
- Photographer – $9.00/h
END OF SEASON bonus of $0.25 for EVERY hour worked may apply at the discretion of the employer!
Employer provides housing (shared apartments, townhouses or motel units). Participants will share in 1-3 bedroom units, with up to 4 people per bedroom, each with their own bed. Units will have one bathroom per bedroom. Housing has living area, kitchen facilities, and access to laundry. Housing will be assigned upon arrival; 1-2 miles from work.
Rental cost is $120 per week per person, not including utilities. Rent payments will be deducted bi-weekly from participants’ payroll. Internet access may be available.
$350 deposit required right after Job Fair, before arrival. $150 refundable if contract terms are met and housing is left in good condition.
The perks of working at Big Kahuna’s Waterpark:
- FREE Waterpark tickets for participants’ family and friends (based on total hours worked)
- FREE Admission to the Waterpark on days off
- Employee recognition and gifts!
- Cultural Days: the employer takes participants to local landmarks or other fun venues.
- International Night: participants will have the opportunity to represent their country by preparing their traditional food, showing pictures, talent show/presentation, and other activities to celebrate their culture on this day.
- End of the Season Luau: a very exciting night with FREE food, music, dancing, award ceremony and other fun activities to thank Big Kahuna’s team members for all their hard work.
- Participants who meet certain criteria at the end of the season would have an opportunity to participate in the Self-Arranged re-hiring program
- Good location for day getaways!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS