Yellowstone XanterraNational park
5.25 - 6.23 to min. 9.6 - 25 (8 weeks)
OFFERED: $27.30/week, no deposit!
If you love nature, hiking, camping and enjoy the outdoors then Yellowstone National Park is for you! In Yellowstone you will have access to hundreds of miles of hiking trails, mountains, rivers, wildlife, geysers, hot springs and more!
Xanterra Parks and Resorts is USA’s largest park and resort-management company.
Yellowstone hires for many different job types. Most of the J-1 students however will be offered Hospitality Crew positions and only upon arrival and based on the employer’s needs, they will be placed into specific jobs:
- Hospitality Crew – $11.00/h
HOUSING & MEALS
Housing is co-ed, dorm style housing, there are 2-3 students placed per room so you should expect to live with other Yellowstone employees. All Work and Travel USA students will live and work in one of the villages within Yellowstone National Park. Housing is within walking distance to work (less than 5 minutes)! There may be private or community bathrooms.
All villages have specifically designed Employee Dining Room and recreational areas for you to enjoy. Everyone has access to an “all you can eat” meal plan (3 meals per day).
Housing & meal costs are based on the amount of hours you work, NOT per day. At 56+ hours you will pay the full amount for a 2 week pay period – $222.60. Less than 56 hours, you are pro-rated on housing & food costs. Charts & rates are available at www.yellowstonejobs.com.
- FREE laundry facilities available for employees!
- many employee activities offered! (look below)
Each village in Yellowstone National Park offers different types of activities. All villages post information on what type of activities are happening in the current week (movie nights, shopping trips, hikes, boating, talent shows, competitions, rodeos, volunteer activities etc). Students can sign up for interesting seminars on different topics related to the park.
- There is a mandatory deduction for the medical clinics of about $1.10 per day and all seasonal employees must pay this even if they have insurance. It allows for reduced rates at all Park clinics.
- Students should fly into Bozeman, Montana and they will need to spend 1 night at Holiday Inn Bozeman or Best Western Plus GranTree Inn. Students can get a free hotel shuttle to the hotel and get a room for $75-100 a night. A taxi may cost around $35. Please make your hotel arrangements no later than 2 weeks prior to your arrival. There is a list of other hotels offering discounted rates ($65-$80) on www.yellowstonejobs.com. Students will be picked up by the employer on Tuesday and Thursday ONLY. There are 2 pick-up locations in Bozeman:
– 7:15am at the Bozeman/Belgrade Bus Station
– 7:30am at the Holiday Inn Bozeman.
- There is NO public transportation from Bozeman to Yellowstone. Keep this in mind, when making your travel plans.